Masquerading as April
I wish I had a great excuse for my blog lag, but alas, I'm just a bum. Its been great to have the summer off of nearly everything but the basics of life--and I may have let a few of those slide as well. (Sorry honey.)
I'm trying to play catch-up to see if I can at least complete a year's worth of posts. We'll see. So back to April, or at least August masquerading as April. They both start with A, right?
Our little neighborhood recipe club (that also died a slow and steamy death in the Las Vegas summer) had as our April theme--way back when it wasn't this hot--Ethnic or International recipes.
I can't even imagine a day when you didn't have the ingredients at the local grocery store for Italian or Mexican, not to mention Chinese or Indian. These cultures are such a part of our food life most of us can't remember a time when it was exotic.
I enjoy old cookbooks and collect them when I can. The sections entitled "international" are hilarious, and sad. One of them actually had macaroni and cheese as an internation treat, another had cole slaw (It's Norwegian according to them. Who knew???).
Anyway, saints be praised that we have garlic, chilies, soy sauce and curry as staples at the store. And to whoever made it so, thank you ever so very much.
Taco Meat
Pizza Casserole
Mexican Chicken Salad Wraps
French Country Casserole
0 comments:
Post a Comment